Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Sleepless nights
Tyce has never been a good sleeper, he's 2 and still doesn't sleep through the night. He actually still gets up 2 to 3 times a night. Part of this is because Terry and I are softies. Well I have decided that I'm not getting up with two kids when the baby is born. So we have started just letting him cry this week. I always say that it will be easy and that I will just ignore him. But then when it happens, it just breaks my heart. One night he was just yelling, "open the door," "hold me Daddy," "I need your help." It was just so hard to just listen to him. Eventually after an hour each time he woke up, he went back to bed. At one point I heard him say "open the door Kanyon." I thought that that was clever. Around 5:00am that morning he woke up and was saying "I need to go potty" and I just figured that he was being clever and that was a way to get us to come in. Well when I went to get him in the morning, he didn't have a diaper on and he had pooped... so he really did need to go potty! Hopefully in week he will be sleeping through the night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my gosh! I only wish you and Tyce the best...I wish I had some magic advice, but every kid is different. It will get better, I promise...eventually;)
Oh I feel for you. My sister's 2 1/2 yr old is also still waking up. When she doesn't go in, he eventually goes back to sleep, if she does go in and then put him back to bed...he makes himself PUKE! EWWW! Stick to it. Eventually he'll learn to stay and go back to sleep. I NEVER get up for Mycah! And...She totally knows it! This will pass, but I'd definitely get the ball rolling before your baby comes or you will be one TIRED mommy.
I feel for you too. I couldn't imagine having to still get up with Scout. I am with Anna though you need to stick with it and he will eventually learn to go back to sleep on his own. Good luck with it, and hopefully it won't last to long.
Post a Comment