Sunday, January 25, 2009

Introducing......

Keyne James Gardner

The adventure all started yesterday afternoon when I started having contractions that were 2 to 3 minutes apart. At 5:00pm Terry and I went to the hospital to find that I hadn't dilated anymore, so they sent us on a walk. We walked for an hour and then I was dilated to a 3. So they monitored me for about another hour and there was no change, so they sent us home. By 10:00 I was having pretty intense contractions but was afraid of going in and being sent home. So I waited until I was so uncomfortable I couldn't sit still whenever I had a contraction. So at 11:00pm we went in. It was a huge relief to find that I was finally at a 5 to 6! We knew that we weren't going home without a baby!



Around 2:00am I decided to get an epidural. Although I got stuck at 6 times, it was well worth it. I felt nothing and was able to sleep a little in the night. I continued to progress through out the night and by 7:45am I was at an 8 and they broke my water. Around 9:30 we started pushing and at 10:02am we got an adorable little boy! He is a little guy, 6lbs 3 oz and 19 1/4 inches long.


Keyne (KEE-N) looks so much like Kanyon did, he has the blonde hair and many of his features. He is a sweet little boy, he hasn't complained too much and likes to grunt all the time! I really enjoyed being able to just watch him get bathed and weighed, he was just content and looking around the whole time. He has slept most of the day, so when he wakes up, I'll get some more pictures of him. Both Kanyon and Tyce are super excited about having a little brother and Terry and I are so relieved to have him here finally!













11 comments:

jamminjensen said...

Congratulations to you and your family!!! Little Keyne is SOOOO adorable! When Jocelyn saw the pictures she said.."That is a beautiful baby!" And he is! Welcome to the world little Keyne!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, he is handsome!

Britni said...

Very cute congrats... but how do you say his name?

Law Related said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Newton 5 said...

Congrats Kaysi! I'm sorry you had to go through so many false alarms but you have to be happy now! You might want to tell everyone how you say his name...but he sure is cute and doesn't seem to unhappy to be here! Can't wait to meet him!

Matt and Jess said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you guys. He's such a cute little one, your older boys look so happy next to him! Hope you feel good really soon!

Carrie said...

Kaysi-
Congratulations! I am glad that he is finally here, and that you both are doing well. He is a cute little guy, and I love his name.

Kori said...

What perfect timing, and what a perfect baby! He looks like a little Terry to me. I love the name and so excited that you have a new guy to love on for a while. Happy Recovery!

Lisa said...

He is so adorable! You guys really do good work! Congrats! :)

Danielle said...

He is so precious! Very cute pictures. Congratulations! Hope you're doing well.

The Fischer Family said...

Oh congratulations Kasyi! I am so excited for you! He is so beautiful and I'm glad he is here and healthy!